Why botanical skincare is the next-gen in anti-ageing
The power of Australian grown plants
In partnership with Jurlique
The beauty industry is always on the hunt for the next big thing, but when that thing is found in your own backyard, it’s reason to get excited. In recent times, we’ve seen the rise of K-beauty, then J-beauty, and now? Australian beauty is stealing the spotlight. Loved for embracing a natural-based approach, A-beauty is generating buzz, particularly for the use of potent active botanicals, which have been touted as the next-gen in anti-ageing skincare.
Wild-grown botanicals are among some of the best anti-ageing ingredients in the world, and best of all, many are grown right here on our sandy shores. As we age, the hunt for the best anti-ageing products that actually work becomes time critical. But finding effective and natural formulas can be challenging, which is where botanical skincare comes in.
The power of botanical skincare
Treating the signs of ageing at any stage requires a targeted approach with tailored anti-ageing products, to address issues like hydration, fine lines and skin firmness. In place of more traditional chemical actives, natural-based beauty brands use a combination of potent active botanicals, to reverse ageing naturally.
One such brand, long loved in Australia for its use of botanical ingredients in formulations that actually work, is Jurlique. The brand has been producing natural-based skincare in Australia for decades, with botanical ingredients grown and harvested by hand on the Jurlique Farm in the Adelaide Hills. The brand’s new Nutri-Define range incorporates anti-ageing botanicals like spilanthes, mulberry, ginseng, horseradish and liquorice, in the ultra-hydrating, calming formulas that Jurlique is known and loved for.
Designed to target skin ageing by delivering hydration and improving the appearance of skin firmness, the Nutri-Define range is a complete anti-ageing skincare regime, from cleansing to treatment and hydration. Free from synthetic chemicals and pesticides, Jurlique’s liposomal technology allows the active botanical ingredients to penetrate deeply into the skin, where they’re most needed.
The best anti-ageing skincare routine, according to Jurlique
- Start by gently cleansing the skin with Nutri-Define Supreme Cleansing Foam, a creamy polishing cleanser which cleans and resurfaces for more luminous looking skin.
- Give your skin an extra boost of hydration with a Jurlique face mist. These signature mists are perfect to refresh your skin and prep it for the other steps in your skincare routine.
- Apply a few drops of Activating Water Essence to the face, neck and décolletage to help re-energise and smooth the skin, and help activate your skin’s ability to retain moisture throughout the day.
- Next, treat skin with Nutri-Define Supreme Rejuvenating Serum, a botanical powerhouse anti-ageing serum with Spilanthes Flower, Horseradish Root and Snowflake extract to target all signs of ageing and leave skin texture looking more even and smooth.
- Gently dab the eye area with Nutri-Define Supreme Eye Contour Balm, to actively treat fine lines and circles.
- Finish with your choice of hydration to suit your needs.
- Nutri-Define Supreme Restorative Rich Cream hydrates the driest of skins and helps to improve the appearance of deep lines for smoother looking skin.
- Nutri-Define Supreme Restorative Light Cream delivers deep, immediate hydration in a lightweight formula, to treat advanced signs of ageing with powerful active botanicals.